Are you an early-stage startup? Here is the best way to arrive at your content strategy and roadmap
What is a content strategy?
Content strategy can be defined as a comprehensive approach that includes the planning, execution, and continuous management of the content lifecycle to ensure that it facilitates the key business objectives. An effective content strategy tailored according to your business's goals and objectives will help you get traffic, leads, sales, engagement, and other business outcomes through content marketing.
Let's understand a content strategy example. Say you are planning to increase your brand awareness, then you would need to plan a content strategy focused on SEO to increase the traffic on your website and increase the visibility of its visibility on search engine result pages (SERPs).
Content strategy is one of the most important components of the marketing plan, which determines who, what, where, when, and how you intend to connect with your audience. It should include buyer personas, journey maps, editorial calendars, audits, and content management plans.
Why is content marketing important for startups?
Startups might feel that content strategy is optional to have. However, creating high-quality content can be invaluable in terms of establishing trust with new audiences and potential customers and long-term success.
An effective content strategy is the foundation of your inbound marketing buyer's journey. A content strategy can also be used as a sales strategy to ensure customer satisfaction in addition to attracting prospects to your brand.
How to create a content strategy?
Let's check the steps to building a powerful startup content marketing strategy:
- Create a foundation for your startup's content marketing - Get help from an expert. Just like your business/industry is something you excel in, content marketing is our niche. With a team of expert content curators by your side, you will be able to lay the most solid foundation for your startup's content marketing strategy.
- Align your content with your business model - One of the best ways in which a content marketing expert, like TextMercato, can help your business is by personlizing content for your brand by identifying and matching your tone, image, and audience. When your content is aligned with your business model, your audience will perceive you as an expert in the industry.
- Develop a deep understanding of your target audience - The success of your content largely depends on the type of audience you are catering to and whether or not it matches their needs and expectations. A content strategy template tailored specifically for your business requires a deep understanding of your target audience, something that TextMercato has unmatched experience in.
- Prioritize topic and keyword research - A successful website content strategy is all about topic and keyword research. Keywords are the most significant SEO component, the right usage of which ranks your content high in the search engine, king it more visible to your target audience. It is, therefore extremely important to have a content marketer on board with thorough expertise in this domain.
- Help your audience achieve its goals - The content you offer should not only aim to improve your rank in terms of SEO but also help resolve the queries of your customer. To be able to attain the undivided attention of your audience and their subsequent interest in your product or service, it is important to recognize your audience’s needs and help them achieve those goals.
- Diversify your content formats - Repetitive is boring. Diversity in content is what keeps your audience coming back for more. Experimenting with the different content formats will not only keep your audience engaged but also help you figure out your niche. Another great thing about diversifying your content format is that you’ll be able to ensure that there’s something for everyone out there.
- Decide on your distribution channels - There are many equally popular channels available for content distribution. From blogs to infographics, audio to video, Q&A to social media, all excellent and effective channels. It is crucial, as a startup, to identify the needs of your audience and decide on a channel that’s most suitable for them to consume your content.
- Repurpose your content goods - If you have good content material, don’t be afraid of repurposing it. There is a very thin line between adding value to your content by repurposing it and blatantly repeating it without any enhancement. It is for the same reason that having an expert content strategist by your side is important, who knows exactly what can be done with valuable content goods.
- Select the right content marketing tools - Over 60% of marketers measure the success of their content marketing strategy through sales. Selecting the right content marketing tools can provide you with a treasure trove of essentials and opportunities. While there are many options out there, the right tool and platform, along with the right content strategy, will effectively attract, engage, and retain your audience.
How Can TextMercato Help You Develop an Effective Content Strategy for Your Startup?
TextMercato is one of the leaders in the content marketing industry and is your one-stop solution for anything related to content. From strategizing to delivering, each step is as crucial as the next. TextMercato has the most expansive pool of experts across the country in one place, with one motive - to help brands and businesses establish their online presence and stay on top of their game.
Text Mercato offers the following content services to a startup and other types of businesses.
- Text - Blogs, Thought Leadership articles, SEO articles, Social Media Posts, Email Marketing, Website Copy, and others
- Graphics - Infographics, Illustrations, Images, and more
- Translations - In 50+ regional languages, and
- Transcriptions - Video to Text, Audio to Text
With a robust understanding of the content engine, SEO algorithms, brand tonality, and effective strategy, TextMercato offers your business tailored content that draws maximum attention. After all, with content, it’s not a “one size fits all” philosophy. You get to choose from a pool of content channels you think will be most suitable for your business and audience and take your brand engagement to the next level.
Let’s hear from you on how we can positively contribute to your goals!