How to Write a Content Sample Brief and Evaluate It
How to Write a Content Sample Brief and Evaluate It
What are content sample briefs?
Content sample briefs are documents which are created to guide a writer with a set of suggestions and directions on how to write a proper piece of content.Some of the most common requirements for content writing samples in brief include title, topic, word counts, and keywords to be used. They also deliver exhaustive information on the target audience, and the goals the content is trying to achieve.
The main purpose of a content brief is to provide sufficient directions for creating content. A content brief is always documented and provides a written record of what is expected from the content. Content briefs can be used for any kind of content like case studies, blog posts, articles, and ebooks.
A proper content brief should contain the proper primary keywords, titles, headings, the goal of the content, the target audience the content wants to reach, and visual elements like pictures, videos, etc. Visit Text Mercato for all your content writing requirements.
How to write an effective content brief?
A content brief is a document that contains the details of the content to be created, the purpose of the content, and the desired goals of the content. Content writing samples in brief should include every critical information which a content writer needs while creating high-quality content.
To create an effective and quality content brief, it is essential to keep things comprehensible and understandable. A well-prepared brief helps content writers to create appropriate and to-the-point content. Such content helps in meeting the objectives and goals of the clients. A good content brief should neither be too overstated nor too short, as this may create confusion in the mind of the writers. A content brief should be such that it helps the writer understand and acknowledge what is exactly needed from the content.
Who Uses Content Brief?
A content brief is used mainly by content writers and marketing strategists. Below is how a quality content writing sample brief is useful to them and helps them in creating high-quality content.
- Writers: All content writing projects do not have a dedicated strategist, and hence the writers have to create the content brief. By sharing their content writing samples with the clients, the writers get an agreement on the content. An effective content brief allows the writers to ensure whether their drafted brief meets the client’s goals or not. The use of such content writing samples works as a benchmark for review by the client and becomes quite useful in the case of a new writer working with a new client.
- SEO and marketing strategists: SEO and marketing strategists are experts in the field of researching keywords, planning content, and marketing it. Other than providing basic requirements of the content like word count and primary keywords, a detailed and comprehensive content brief provides a way for the strategists to communicate their cognizance to the content writers. With the help of a quality content brief, writers can deliver content which is in line with the marketing strategy of the content, and which requires less alternating with the content editors.
How are content briefs beneficial for your agency?
An agency involved in the creation of content writing needs to be solicitous while deciding how to create quality and effective content for its clients.
Below are some reasons why an agency needs a quality content sample brief!
- Time-Saving: Although it takes some time to prepare such briefs, quality content writing samples briefly will make it easier and more composed for content writers to understand the scope of their work. It aids the content writers by providing all the required information, such that they can concentrate on writing quality content as per the client’s requirements.
- Prohibits rewrites and minimises revisions: Rewriting and revising content involves a lot of time and effort. A well-prepared content brief minimises the amount of time which is spent in making changes, revisions, etc. Sometimes, even after spending a lot of time writing the content, one can end up in a situation where the content gets discarded. This may happen because the content did not line up with the client’s requirements of the content. To avoid such situations, you can take the help of Text Mercato, the pioneer in content writing.
- Avoids skipping any analytical information: The content becomes profound and visionary when it is backed by substantial facts, data, statistics, etc. It avoids the risk of skipping any critical and evaluative information.
- Renders a single source of reference: It is quite crucial to have sound communication with the client as it helps in building healthy relations with the client. The managers may be having direct communication with the client about the content being produced, which will be helpful for the content writers as well.
- Delivery deadlines: When the objectives are clear, there are fewer rewrites and revisions, and when articles get approved on time, delivery deadlines for the content are met. Also, if the writers are provided with effective writing tools, and content writing samples the time required to complete the projects is reduced and the client’s deadlines are met.
How to evaluate a content sample Brief?
- Prepare a content evaluation: The extent of the content evaluation depends on the aim and objective of the evaluation, and therefore the first and foremost step to evaluating a content brief is to pen down the objective of your evaluation.
- Make a list of the content: Preparing a list of the content helps in identifying each segment of the content including the language, format, and location of the content. You can then determine the quality of the content by allocating a score to each item some examples of which are the number of visitors, time spent by the visitors on the web page, number of shares, etc which represents how it is customised as per the client.
- Identify the strong and weak content: The next step in evaluating a content brief is to look for correspondence and explanations as to why some content pulls off good or bad scores. The evaluation of whether the content is good or bad depends on the objectives of the content.
- Presentation of the content: Ensure that you do not inundate the reader with too many details. The presentation of the content should be short and to the point.
Examples of content marketing
Media like newsletters, podcasts, social media posts, and videos are some examples of content marketing 2022. Each of these content types aims to please users and draw them to your business by offering pertinent and useful information.
Here are some of my favourite 2022 examples of content marketing in India and the types of content marketing to assist you in leveraging content marketing for the benefit of your business.
- Social media content marketing examples: The user's profile on social media can be used to spread content. It can include only a few sentences of text, but it can also have pictures, videos, and connections to other pieces of material. The post can be liked, commented on, and shared by other social network members.
- Newsletters and Emails: Newsletters and emails can be sent to your subscribers on a regular basis to notify them of the newest information about your brand or product.
- Video Content: Any type of content that incorporates or involves video is referred to as video content. Vlogs, animated GIFs, live videos, client testimonials, pre-recorded presentations, and webinars are examples of popular types of video content.
- Case Studies: A research approach known as a case study is often used in social science and life science. A rigorous, systematic assessment of a single person, group, community, or other units in which the researcher looks at in-depth data pertaining to multiple factors has also been referred to as a case study.
- Ebooks: The term "e-book" refers to a digital file with a body of text and graphics that is suited for electronic distribution and displays on-screen similarly to a printed book.
- White Papers: A white paper is a comprehensive analysis of a particular issue and the issues that surround it. Its purpose is to inform readers and assist them in comprehending and resolving a problem. A white paper is a lengthy piece of literature that is used in marketing, much like an eBook.
- Blog Posts: Any article or news item that is posted in a website's blog area is referred to as a blog post. Usually, between 600 to 2,000 words long, instructional in nature, and containing other media types such as images, videos, infographics, and interactive charts, a blog post tackles a certain topic or question.
- User Guides and How-To’s: A task-oriented document is a user handbook or guide. It includes operation and maintenance instructions as well as technical explanations, drawings, flowcharts, and diagrams.
- Infographics: Infographics are graphic visual depictions of knowledge, statistics, or information that are designed to convey information quickly and simply.
- Website Content: The text, graphics, audio, video, and animations that website visitors see and hear collectively constitute the content of a website. The most crucial instrument you can employ to carry out your marketing plan and inform your audience about your business is website content.
Organic Content Marketing
Instead of using paid marketing strategies, organic content marketing is a digital marketing tactic that enables you to automatically drive visitors to your website. Through useful and interesting content, it seeks to increase brand recognition, drive visitors to landing pages and websites, foster relationships, and produce new leads. Organic content marketing primarily refers to free tools and techniques used to attract traffic.
Organic Content Marketing Examples 2022
Here are a few examples of organic content marketing for higher expertise of ways it works:
- Guest posts: Writing material for another company's website is known as guest blogging, commonly referred to as "guest posting."
- YouTube videos: Users of YouTube may view, like, share, comment on, and contribute their own videos to the website. Mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs may all be used to access the video service.
- Unpaid posts: Unpaid posts on social media platforms, inclusive of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, and others.
- User-generated content: User-generated content, inclusive of reviews, testimonials, videos, or podcasts.
Content advertising and marketing-supported via means of fantastic content material writing is a crucial arsenal in any brand's an advertising and marketing approach today. Content writing is the fine-crafted artwork and structural technology of creating content material for virtual media. The distinct kinds of content material writing examples at the virtual front consists of blogs, scriptwriting for videos, emailers, social media posts, whitepapers, etc. All of these examples of content marketing and examples of organic content marketing are crucial for the virtual boom of a brand. Some of the high-quality practices in content writing consist of optimising for SEO, know-how your target audience, and growing the proper content material blend to your brand. We at Text Mercato evaluate every stage of the content writing samples and help you to create content briefs that can turn your target audience into valuable customers.
Let’s hear from you on how we can positively contribute to your goals!