Is Organic Lead Generation Dead?
Lead generation can be defined as the process of getting consumers interested in the products and services offered by a media/corporate house. A lead can be defined as a person or an organization that displays interest in the products and services offered by your business. A lead may contain information that is obtained in exchange for their interest in the company's services. There are various kinds of leads. For example, a basic lead is one who gives basic details such as name, contact number, email, etc. When the process of acquiring such leads is carried out only throughout the internet, it is known as online lead generation.
Did You Know: Lead Generation trends of 2022 show that 91% of marketers hold lead generation in the highest regard and to be their most important goal.
How Exactly Does Lead Generation Work?
Before customers or clients invest their valuable resources in a business, they conduct detailed online research on their various products and services. Leads make sure to compare the services and charges of competitors on the market, not to mention brand value.
At TextMercato, we understand that studying lead generation and successfully employing it allows a business to get hold of and maintain online traffic on content while also converting it into fruitful leads. This process is essential to successful business growth.
What are the Types of Lead Generation?
Lead generation can be of different types.
- Inbound lead generation is when the organization applies marketing tactics and generates leads with an inbound link. It is when the customer shows interest either by filling out forms, taking surveys, or showing interest in the products and services offered by the organization in any way possible.
- Outbound link generation is when contact is made with the clients, no matter if they ultimately purchase the services or not.
Fun Fact: It has been observed that a whopping 53% of marketers tend to spend a considerable portion of their budget on lead generation.
What is Organic Lead Generation, and why is it important?
‘Organic’ is an adjective that denotes anything in its truest form, without any external interference. It is common knowledge that the term organic is often associated with such perishable goods made strictly for consumption. However, when dealing with this adjective from a B2B perspective, organic lead generation is when potential customers are attracted to one’s business without employing forced means to get client or customer support.
Thus, spending any capital or effort through advertising, marketing techniques, or other promotional activities is not in question when dealing with organic lead generation. The basic idea is that instead of spending time, capital, and effort in developing and strategizing ways and means to get new customers, businesses build their brand while trusting that they will organically find customers. Applying artificial means to entice customers is out of the question.
To better understand organic and inorganic leads, we need to know how the various ways in which lead generation works.
- Marketing-qualified leads: These are the kind of inorganic leads that end up interacting with a business’s marketing team while displaying significant interest. However, these leads may not always result in sales, and they often need further nurturing.
- Sales-qualified leads: Among the top lead generation trends of 2022, this one deserves serious attention. These are the most important kinds of leads as they are actually interested in the product or service being offered by a business. These potential clients express their interest by inquiring about the products and services by filling out forms or contacting the business’s help desk. These potential leads turn out to be the easiest to convert into actual clients.
- Product-qualified leads: These leads are the ones that have taken the opportunity to try out the products and services and have made it clear that they want to invest in upgrading to paid facilities. This is why the products are considered to have passed the consumer’s quality check.
- Service-qualified leads: These are customers who have tried out one or more of the business’s services and are further interested in other services.
Is Organic Lead Generation Dead?
Organic lead generation is not dead. It can, however, be safe to say that organic lead generation might not be as easy as it once was. The old methods can no longer bring in the desired traffic or customer volume into a business - bearing in mind the intense competition in the products and services market. Thus, as of now, good quality, relatable, good volume, and timely delivery of products and services are essential to ensure that non-organic leads are not required to improve business.
Did You Know: Surveys have also found that as of 2022, 84% of marketers tend to use form submissions to generate leads successfully. Inbound lead generation is another popular method that marketers tend to resort to.
How to Generate Organic Leads on Facebook?
There is no particular secret to a successful online lead generation process for gathering good inbound leads, be it on Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform:
- People organically discover a business through social media handles if the products and services provided are of such good quality that word spreads through social media marketing (social media, blogs, websites, webinars, etc.)
- People usually read posts and blogs only to end up following up with the business with Calls to Action on social media platforms (CTA).
- These CTAs act in a manner that takes the reader, visitor, or potential client to a page on the official website of the business.
- However, if such CTA functions through the collection of client information, it will turn into inorganic lead generation. Such inorganic CTAs may lead one to e-books, articles, case studies, newsletter subscriptions, etc., which are offered by the said buisness.
- Collecting client information is usually the first step to converting the organic lead into an inorganic lead. The alternative to that would be the development of relationships with clients over a certain period of time.
Taking time to engage with the organic leads, supporting them, and maintaining continuous communication to make sure that they continue to be long-term clients is known as lead nurturing.
Placing contact information or email ids on the website, products, or offline marketing literature has generated leads. 50% of marketers have been noted to use phone calls to get leads.
Wrapping it Up!
Many social media experts have been known to talk about the organic and inorganic nature of lead generation online. However, holding on to such leads and effectively converting them into customers has been known to be a difficult task. 62% of marketers have been shown to need help with such leads and struggled to track them.
By studying the market data and behavior, we can see that all social media platforms, as well as the public at large, are, at the end of the day, hungry for good content. This also draws us to the conclusion that organic traffic has, in fact, significantly changed over time. It is just that the traditional and age-old ways of promoting or posting content have become obsolete. Today, innovation, effort, and authenticity stand as the pillars of organic lead generation.
Let’s hear from you on how we can positively contribute to your goals!